Wednesday 16 March 2011

Project One Proposal

For my first project i have decided to use photography as a vehicle to communicate the ideas and feelings behind travel in our day to day lives. My motive for this decision comes largely from the lifestyle change between my previous home town and moving to Wellington, travel completely changes.

I thought a great way to portray the emotions behind travel could come from a space which places us around complete strangers and eliminates our normal securities, in this case the train station stood out to me. After researching a few artist models and photographers i have found this idea has grown on me. The fact that the train station is a larger place than a bus shelter or taxi stand creates an eery feeling in itself.

In this project i hope to demonstrate these emotions through a series of  photographs which display the travel between regular people.

No comments:

Post a Comment